Monday 24 January 2011

Ghosts of the Regime

Hey all. First day of the regime, so let's blog you up! Almost sounds badass when you type it like that...

So anyway, weekend comes first. Rugby match: 42-4 to them. The scoreline did not represent the play at all, and I played exceptionally for me. Picked up five opposition knock-ons and smashed some of their massive props, all while sticking as a wing-center. At least I had a decent wingman for once!

Right, school now. Oddly, I have more to say about 6 hours than about an entire weekend. Had an exam today, and it went well. I'd be surprised to drop below a high B on it, but we'll have to wait and see I guess. Hung out with my "crew" at lunch, except when I was sitting with my "homies" at lunch (protip: "crew" consists of lads, "homies" are the majoritatively girl gang). It felt awkward, to be quite honest, because I sat with the crew and the the girls asked me to sit with them, but I basically sat in silence the whole time. I feel I'm becoming slightly alienated from both groups, but mainly the guys. I never have anything to say anymore, which is upsetting, so I work on song lyrics in the free time I have beween conversation.

Speaking of songs, my band's all off to university in the summer. I know a few bassists, but no drummers or guitarists. I really hope Tiff starts practising her guitar (or even just jams with us), because we hardly ever see each other now, and we go to different colleges after this year is up. I don't like the thought of it, but we will need to talk at some stage about this stuff. I love her, and if she finds someone else to make her happy and who she sees often, I love her enough to give her that. I won't let on if it hurts me more than the prospect of it.

It's my birthday coming up, and I want to have a sleepover (think my typical blog style, with pizza and without the refined sophistication). We'll get some food, and I'll invite a few girls (well, two) over to chill for that bit, but after that it's a proper lad's night in. Xbox, caffiene, talking whom each other fancy, the usual. Probably get a few beers in, if any of them have developed alcoholic tendencies.

TL;DR - I'm broken, hopeful, depressed, oppressed, reminiscing, and wishing on a star. Goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment