Saturday 19 March 2011

Happy to the Max!

So, today started with rugby training. I know last week was my last match, but I couldn't leave the guys with a sorrowful goodbye. The funny thing was that I'd recieved a letter about joining the Warrington Collegiate Team, which would then give me a chance to move up to Warrington Wolves Academy. I left the house coming round to the idea of at least enquiring about it, but on the road to Victoria Park (training grounds) I got a kind of...feeling. It was like a voice without words, saying that this was the right choice. Maybe it was just my subconcious, an overactive imagination of actually feeling good, but I'm inclined to believe that this was one time that God was speaking to me. I'm not over-religious, I'm not one-hundred percent certain, and I'm not going crazy, but as I asked for guidance I looked out of the window. The first thing I saw was a Bible.

Training was excellent, which spooked me after that. I played well, scored a few tries, took some hits. I left the guys promising to come back for the Crosfields game, and my coach said that whatever happened I was welcome to return at any time. I came home, got showered, and went out. I didn't give a thought to my image when I was out with my mates, I just had a good time. We went to McDonalds, then Blockbuster and ASDA, then went to the cinema and watched Battle: Los Angeles (which is an awesome film). Throughout the day, I just felt like I was running on a high, and I've still got the buzz. It's wierd, but maybe I just never feel this good because I get myself down. I'm my own worst enemy (lol).

Anyway, I'm hoping that tomorrow carries this on, and I'll be super happy all next week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment